Swim Team Officials
We are actively recruiting for more officials, including Stroke and Turn, Clerk of Course, Chief Timer, Relay Take Off, etc. Training will be offered virtually on May 22nd at NVSL University for these various positions. Please seriously consider participating in the training as we cannot host meets without have a full deck of officials. Many thanks to those who already have agreed to be an official.
If you have any questions or can volunteer, please contact Allison Hagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long Branch is a terrific team and we have many folks willing to chip in for the benefit of our swimmers and families.
We are looking for several volunteers for the 2021 Season, so please keep that in mind this summer. These jobs are critical for the running of our team, but are also very fulfilling.
Thanks and Go Dolphins!
Phone: 703- email: email@example.com
Physical/Mailing Address: 9100 Burnetta Drive, Annandale, VA 22003
The Long Branch Dolphins Swim Team is a member of the NVSL. During the off- season, the NVSL ranks each of the 102 member teams from 1 to 102 based primarily on swimmers’ times, and then divides the teams, based on these rankings, into 17 Divisions of six teams. This means that the fastest teams are in the lower numbered Divisions and the less competitive teams are in the higher numbered Divisions. This year we are in Division 16 with Commonwealth, Newington Forest, Burke Station, Pleasant Valley, and Lincolnia Park.
The Long Branch Swim & Racquet Club (LBSRC) owns the facility that we use. Although each member of the swim team pays a fee in order to belong on the team, the pool does not fund the swim team. The swim team is funded through dues paid for each swimmer and fund raising activities. To be a member of the swim team, your family must own a LBSRC membership and meet other Northern Virginia Swimming League (NVSL) criteria.
Having fun is an important part of our summer swim program. Most of the kids do not care if we are in a top division or a bottom division. We would all like to be division champions, but only one team out of six can usually claim this honor. Personal development is what is most important and for a swimmer that means improving your times. We believe that by establishing a healthy environment that encourages the kids to do their best, recognizes their contributions and is fun for the entire family, we will have met our goals.
The mission statement of the NVSL is: To develop in the children affected by this program -- a love for the sport, advanced aquatic skills, teamwork, and the principles of good sportsmanship
Meet & Event Schedule (2021)
· 1 June until 11 June - Afternoon practices start
Middle & High School: Mon-Fri 4-5 p.m.
Elementary School: Mon-Fri 5-6 p.m.
· 4 June - Team Parent’s Meeting 6:00-6:30 p.m.
· 11 June Last day of school - end of school year party
· 12 June – Time Trials at SOC Pool - 8am-12pm
· 14 June - Morning practices start
Middle & HS 7:30-8:30 a.m.
Elem 8:30-9:30 a.m.
Little Dolphins 9:30-10:15 a.m.
· 19 June – Long Branch vs. Lincolnia Park (Home)
· 21 June – B meet place holder
· 26 June – Long Branch vs. Newington Forest (Home)
· 28 June – B meet place holder
· 3 July – Long Branch vs. Burke Station (Away)
· 7 July – Relay Carnival at Commonwealth Pool —Still TBD
· 10 July – Long Branch vs. Pleasant Valley – Senior Recognition (Home)
· 12 July – B meet place holder
· 17 July – Long Branch vs. Commonwealth (Away)
· 19 July – IM Carnival —Still TBD
· 24 July – Divisionals @ Burke Station
· 24 July – Team Banquet @ Long Branch
· 31 July – Individual All Stars @ Springboard
2022 Team Representatives: Erin St. Louis and Jennifer Gibson
Email contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Head Coach: Anna Franzluebbers
We hope that you are all as excited about summer as we are!
1 Swimmer: $110
2 Swimmers: $210
3 Swimmers: $275
4 Swimmers: $330